Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day #2-Down Syndrome Awareness

Ha! Even if I don't do another post...at least I did MORE than one!

Anyway, Today's topic......Being loved by someone with that extra chromosone!

If you have never had a hug or kiss from a person with DS, I highly recommend you do so as quickly as possible. It is breath taking and will melt the hardest of hearts. Cole and Caden kiss and hug with everything they have. Caden's little chubby arms are only about 10 inches long and you would think that he would not be able to even get them around your neck-and you would be completely WRONG! Those little dynamite arms will squeeze your head off as he is planting a delicious, sloppy kiss right smack in the kisser. No cheek kisses for these guys!

Seriously, while I do get annoyed at some of the misconceptions of people with DS (always happy, love music, love church, etc.), the thoughts that they are usually loving is completely true with my little guys. Love just oozes from them and they won't let you get by with some little hug or a quick kiss if you are in a hurry. They have a philosophy of "slow down, big hug, big kiss...then GO". I love it. I can't tell you how much I look forward to those hugs and kisses.

Down syndrome means so much to me. Sometime this month, I am going to actually write a long post of how this syndrome has directly affected me and my life. So, today's question is...."Have you hugged someone with Down syndrome today?"

1 comment:

  1. I have from my pudgy pudge, and I loved it!!! :)

    Sarah
    www.matthew18vs14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete